If you do business through your website, one of the most powerful tools you can use is Google Analytics. It will tell you exactly how people are finding and using your website, and give you powerful insights to directly improve your website’s performance.
What is Google Analytics?
It’s a free online application, created by Google, that allows you to track website visitors. It’s easy to setup Google Analytics, and just involves putting a few lines of code onto every page you want to track. You can then use the main Google Analytics software to get detailed reports on your website.
What sort of things can Google Analytics tell me?
There’s a wealth of reports and information available from the software, including:
● Who is visiting your website Where your visitors are located, their interests and demographics, how often the same people come back, what type of device they’re using, and how people move through your website.
● Where users visit from The source that brought people to your website, the channels they used, who referred them, search engine optimization, returns on paid advertising and marketing.
● How people behave on your website The pages people are visiting and spending time on, “bounce rate” (people that visit one page and leave), entrance and exit pages, the speed of your website, and your most popular pages.
● When people take actions you want them to Known as “conversions,” you can track when people take specific actions. (For example, buying a product, visiting a particular page or signing up for a newsletter.)
How can Google Analytics help my business?
Analytics is great for many reasons:
1. Find out about the interests and locations of your visitors
If you’re marketing your business locally, statewide, or nationally, you can see where your visitors are coming from. This can help you target your marketing more effectively. Analytics also gives you insight into the interests and demographics of your visitors, helping you to target your products and services to their needs.
2. Ensure your website works well on mobile
With the explosion in tablets and smartphones, you can see how mobile users are interacting with your website. You can then tweak your navigation and menus to direct them to the pages, products, and services they need.
3. Find out who is sending visitors to your website
Understanding where visitors are coming from (e.g. search engines, social media, marketing etc.) is extremely valuable. It can help you focus your efforts on the places and channels that are bringing you the most customers. Learning who’s referring visitors to you and why can help you expand your reach.
4. Learn what pages are most (and least) popular with visitors
The “behavior” report tells you exactly what pages your users are visiting, how long they stay on the page, and where they go next. You can use this information to optimize your website and make your customer’s experience better.
5. Track your return on investment (ROI)
Marketing and advertising your website can be expensive. Google Analytics helps you track conversions, so you can see how much money you’re making from customers and ensure you’re spending your marketing budget properly. This can reduce your costs and strengthen your profits.
We’re experts in Google Analytics. We include it as standard on any website, and we’ll use the information to enhance your web presence. We can also guide you through the reports, and give you the insight you need to make better business decisions.