If you’ve been operating a traditional retail store, you’ve probably thought about selling your products online. To many traditional “bricks and mortar” merchants, the idea of opening a store on the web can seem daunting.
Fortunately, with the right support, getting your products online can be surprisingly easy. Qualtech are experts at helping you set up an eCommerce store We can help to create a second income stream for you, and let you reach a much larger potential audience.
How does an eCommerce store work?
An eCommerce store lets you sell your products online through a website. You can sell either your whole inventory of stock, or choose a selection. Setting up an eCommerce website works as follows:
1. We find out what you need.
2. We set up your eCommerce website for you.
3. You decide whether to sell your whole range or a selection of items.
4. You list the items for sale, together with product descriptions, photos, and prices.
5. A customer visits your website, finds items they like, and decides to purchase.
6. When they buy, you get a notification and stock levels are adjusted.
7. You (or a third party) then send the item to the buyer.
8. You get the money in your bank account.
9. You can promote and market your online store to get more customers.
Finding out what you need
Every merchant has slightly different needs, that’s why we start by understanding exactly what you want to get out of your store. We’ll work with you to find out:
● What your business sells and the products you want to sell online.
● How you want your store to look and feel, including branding and overall approach.
● The best design for your store to make it easy for your customers to use and buy from.
● How you want to add your product descriptions, photos, prices, and more.
● The type of reporting you need to understand your customers and grow your business.
Setting up your eCommerce store
It’s essential that your eCommerce store is easy to use and navigate. We’ll build your website on the perfect platform, so it’s fast and looks great on any type of device. We’ll also add all of the standard functions you’d expect Social media, a shopping cart, search functions, and anything else your customers need for a streamlined, pleasurable shopping experience.
We’ll tweak the navigation and menu to make sure your site is optimized for sales. We’ll also help you to understand how customers are using your site, so we can enhance it and maximize your profits.
The eCommerce platform also comes with inventory control, so you can stay on top of your stock levels.
Choosing and listing what you want to sell
You probably sell a large range of products in your physical store, and to start with you might only want to offer a limited selection online. It’s a good idea to offer your highest sellers, or items unique to your store. Once you’ve decided what you want to sell, you’ll need to list the items.
The importance of good product photos
Images are very important when you want to persuade a customer to buy your products. Professional photographs show your products in the best possible way and help your customers understand what they’re purchasing. There are several ways to get highquality photos:
1. If you’re a good photographer, you can take the photos yourself (there are several online courses that teach you how to take good product photos).
2. You can source the photos from the manufacturer’s website (make sure you have permission to use them).
3. You can hire a professional photographer.
Creating product descriptions
An enticing product description can also help to sell your items. You can write the descriptions yourself, get them from your manufacturer (again, make sure you have permission), or get a professional writer to create them for you.
Upload your products to your website
Once you have the details of your products, it’s time to upload them to your website. At Qualtech, we’ve made this easy. Rather than having to upload one item at a time, or fill in a lengthy spreadsheet, we’ve got an easy to use online application. This makes uploading quick and efficient, and gets your items listed as soon as possible.
Selling your items
When a customer visits your store and chooses to buy, the products get added to their shopping cart. They can then complete their payment online, and you’ll get a notification of what you’ve sold and where to ship the items. You can then pick, pack, and post the items yourself, or use a third party if you’re shipping from a central location.
Once your website is online
When your website is up and running, you can market and promote it in various ways. This includes Facebook ads, Google AdWords, social media, and other online channels. We’ll show you how to use tools like Google Analytics to find out where your visitors are coming from and how they’re using your website.
As you can see, setting up an eCommerce store doesn’t have to be complicated, and we can help you every step of the way. Get in touch today and find out how we can help you get your shop online, reach a much larger audience, and help your business grow.